Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Focusing On The Good and Trying Your Best.

So. I just got finished with my workout for the day. It's late by my standards. 10:31 p.m. to be exact. I usually like to go ahead and bust out my routine first thing in the morning but I was dragging all day. I even thought about skipping my workout all together! WHAT?! This will not stand.

I sat around and procrastinated on my couch for a hot minute, and thought about the guidelines I'd decided on for myself a few days ago.These guidelines would be: Focusing on the good and trying my best.

Is skipping a workout conducive to trying my best or focusing on good? Am I working towards attaining my personal goals by sitting around the house like a cold pickle? No. So I decided to knock some sense into myself.

I know I can always count on Zuzana to motivate me and get me excited to break a sweat, so I end up clicking on bodyrock.tv multiple times a day and it hasn't failed me yet.


I don't know about you, but watching this definitely doesn't make me want to sit around and eat Ding-Dongs.

That is the workout I ended up doing tonight. You can get the breakdown here. One of the reasons I love these workouts so much is because of how fast paced they are. You don't even have time to think about quiting. Some of these exercises may look hard or scary but the most important thing is that you're TRYING YOUR BEST the whole time. Even if you can only do three reps it's better than zero. I can't believe how much I've improved and how much stronger I am than when I started. 

I tacked on 20 minutes of interval skipping afterwards to really get that fat blasted. The whole thing, workout and skipping, only took 38 minutes. Add a few minutes of warming up and stretching afterwards and you've done yourself good in less than an hour. What more can you ask for?

Here are 12 jump rope moves to blast off 1000 calories an hour!


I set my interval timer for 20 rounds of 10 seconds rest and 50 seconds work and then mix it up. 


Oh yeah, I don't have a dip station like Zuzana has in that video so I put a broomstick between two barstools and POW! Reverse pull ups all day long. 

Now go try your best and focus on how good you're gonna feel after you burn off some calories. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a new delicious recipe up. In the meantime, don't even think about eating any processed junk food. High fructose corn syrup is not your friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment