Thursday, April 7, 2011

That Was Good

Hey buddies,

It's morning time as I type here in Atlanta. I haven't gotten my workout in for the day, but Zuzana has a brand new one up that I'm excited to do later. Yesterday i did the Not Afraid workout. It was amazing. I was dripping halfway through.

Check out Zuzana being all awesome and stuff.


This was a great workout. I was glad she introduced some new moves. Especially the new variation of ninja jumps, which are a favorite of mine. I love when I can start off a workout in the morning being cold and wearing a sweatshirt then having to shed it 10 seconds later and be dripping sweat. I also love when it's through and I have to do laps around my house to cool down. That's when you know it's good.

Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Quinoa Rissoto 

I made this a few days ago. I actually made it two days in a row because I loved it so much. It's a recipe from here.

1/2 and onion diced
2 or more fat cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup artichokes chopped
5 sundried tomatoes sliced and diced
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1/4 cup veg stock
1/4 cup plain soy milk or whatever you prefer
1 Tbs fresh chopped rosemary
5 or 6 portobella button mushrooms chopped
1/2 cup chopped almonds-toasted
optional-nutritional yeast

Cook your garlic, onion, and rosemary in a bit of olive oil for about two minutes on a medium setting. Add quinoa, soy milk, and stock and simmer for about 10 minutes. 

In a separate pan cook your mushrooms on low medium for about 5 or 6 minutes.

When there's about a minute left on your quinoa stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, and artichokes. Let it all be happy together in the pan for a minute.

Plate and top with toasted almonds and nutritional yeast if you're into it. I'm just ok with the nutritional yeast so I just do a very light sprinkle on top. Some people are more serious about it. It's up to you. 

The second time I made this I added asparagus and yellow squash which was excellent. You can pretty much do whatever you want and fix it accordingly to what you have in your kitchen.

I'm going to be gone all of next week to work at a music festival in Florida. Anyone else going to the Wanee Festival? I'll be working at the Hippie Dips smoothie stand. Come hang out with me if you're there. 

I've been debating on what I'm going to eat while I'm there. I did some research on low glycemic fruit and am considering doing a combination of a smoothie and raw food fast. I'm going to be sure to bring lots of protein powder with me so I don't turn to mush. Any suggestions? I'm definitely not going to be eating carni food.

Alright. Time to shower and wash the goat smell off of me. Hippie deodorant is kind of pointless.
Hope everyone has a fabulous day and does their workout and avoids processed junk food.



No comments:

Post a Comment