Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day Three - Up and Down

I've gotten through my 3rd day on the Master Cleanse.

It's been weird. I was kind of delusional for the first half of the day and pretty sluggish with sudden spouts of energy. I'm feeling pretty normal right now. I've upped my dosage of cayenne in the lemonade and I think it's helping a lot.

The past few days are kind of blurry. Each day has felt so long that it's hard to comprehend that this is day three. It's like they're all smashed together.

I've felt really slooooooow for a majority of the day. And I haven't really wanted to talk. Typing is fine. It's the actually forming of words and making them come out of my mouth. Definitely something different for me. An ideal environment to complete this cleanse would be somewhere completely isolated and very sunny and warm. Starving yourself on a deserted island would be tops.

I had a mild flash of doubt earlier that I could see this through. I'm not sure what sprung it, but the doubt is gone now. I've been working on eliminating all negativity from around me. WORKING on it. I've not achieved such a great feat as of yet, but I hope to only form positive and productive thoughts from now on. I don't like being negative and it seems that when I actually do or say something not so nice I end up sticking my foot in my mouth or have it come back and bite me in the ass. SO. Let's just play nice.

One of my best good friends lent/gave me a great book a while back. I read it again the day before I started the cleanse as a little uplifting leap.


This book is great. It's about an oppressed flower and a lucky cricket. There is a Buddhist (I think) prayer in the book that I really like and say frequently. I'm sure it could translate into whichever faith you're going with. It's pretty legit and straight forward. It really melts my anxiety and helps bring me peace of mind when I put it on repeat in my brain. It goes....

From the unreal, lead me to the real.
From darkness, lead me to light.
From death, lead me to eternal life.

Simple as that. I've seen variations of this all over the place. Most recently in a book on yoga that I've had for a while. It's a good one.



I was searching youtube for that prayer and came across this. The translation is in the description box. It's pretty beautiful and sums up what I'm going for at this point.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful and happy day. Good vibes to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment